In episode 62 of the ADHD Big Brother podcast we explored the similarities of our outer and inner worlds. Have you ever considered that your physical environment might be directly related to your inner environment?
Here is the episode if you haven’t had a chance to hear it yet.
Here are the examples that I gave from the podcast. This is my very real example of setting a timer for 15 minutes with the clear task of cleaning my bedroom.
Five years ago I might have looked at this and thought what a horrific slob I am and how hopeless and disorganized and I would have avoided this with like the plague.
But I understand that this is clearly the outer reflection of an ADHD mind, and using ADHD tools, I can carve an easy 15 minutes and see how far I can get putting it back together again.
I set the timer for 15 minutes and I stopped when it ended. Here is the after:
Is it a sparkly vision of perfection? No. But it is so much more refreshing than the previous pictures. There is no angst, no anxiety, no self-loathing in this room.
Now I want to spend time in this room. I want to meditate. I want to do yoga. I want to go to sleep. There is such power in experiencing these ADHD tools!
If you want to learn all the tools that go into a well-managed ADHD life, then check this out:
I put together a series of videos in an online course format that are short, manageable, and they each take on ADHD hurdles you face every day. Answers to:
- What if I am overwhelmed with too many choices?
- What if I don’t know what I should work on?
- What if everything has equal weight and I can’t decide what to do?
- What if it’s too hard to get started?
- What if it feels like it will take forever and I can’t motivate?
- What if there’s nothing in it for me?
- What if I can’t meet my standard of perfection?
- What if I’m too scared to finish my project?
- What if I don’t know what it means to be “done”?
- What if I’m too burned out to finish my projects?
- What if I keep forgetting what I’m doing?
Also included in the course is my ebook “Descending to the Top”, some printable worksheets, and 14 days of video nudges! If you want the easy, affordable, and quick way to MASSIVE CHANGE in your ADHD life, then…